For many years, insurance companies have been warning about the health risks associated with cigarettes, including the second-hand smoke that can affect those who don’t light up. But a recent development may offer cigarette lovers a different kind of experience that doesn’t force them to stop indulging in their activity. This development is electronic cigarettes, commonly referred to as ��e-cigarettes.’ Those of you who are considering moving from normal cigarettes to e-cigarettes, may still be on the fence about the benefits and advantages of this product, so here are some facts and tips to help you make your decision.
DEFINITION OF AN E-CIGARETTE
- Made to look like a real cigarette
- Powered by batteries
- Contains nicotine that heats liquid, which becomes a vapor that is inhaled
- Component parts include a battery, liquid, heating device and nicotine cartridge
- Options include artificial flavors to enhance the smokeless experience and rechargeable batteries
BENEFITS AND ADVANTAGES OF AN E-CIGARETTE
- Lack of ignition means that there’s no creation of smoke that enters your lungs, which is beneficial because a significant amount of research indicates that smoke from normal cigarettes can trigger a number of health issues such as lung cancer.
- More healthy choice than regular cigarettes because of the smoke-free vapor
- Can act as a bridge to help smokers who want to quit
- Enables smokers to regulate their nicotine intake by adjusting the levels in a cartridge
- Cost savings over regular cigarettes due to the fact that after buying a starter kit, all that’s required for basic e-cigarette smoking are nicotine cartridges, which are less expensive than buying cigarette cartons
- Reduces the social stigma associated with regular smoking, because e-cigarettes don’t produce visible smoke and is difficult to discern, even in a public setting
- Increases your level of privacy when smoking as you can light up an e-cigarette with little fuss and no telltale smoke
- Eliminates second-hand smoke inhalation
SIMPLE TIPS FOR FIRST-TIME USERS
- Invest in a portable charging case so that you can indulge in e-cigarettes wherever you go, without having to plug the charger into a USB port or outlet.
- Similar to normal cigarettes, you’re better off taking deep, slow puffs to get the most vapor out of the e-cigarette
- If you’re trying to quit smoking, choose a non-nicotine cartridge that gives you the pleasure of inhaling vapor without the consumption of nicotine
For more information about e-cigarettes, visit a local electronic cigarette supplier who can answer any questions you might have about the product.